Activity Length: 15-30 min
- Colored paint for your ice cream and toppings
- We recommend green, red and brown paint if you want to make a mint chocolate chip cone topped with a cherry!
- Elmer’s Glue
- Shaving cream
- Thick white paper
- We recommend cardstock or recycling a piece of white cardboard
- Brown cardboard
- Start by mixing the Elmer’s glue with the shaving cream until you get stiff peaks in the mixture. You can also use the ziploc bag technique we shared a few weeks ago!
- Add some green (or whatever ice cream color you chose) paint or food coloring to the puffy paint.
- Cut out a triangle cone from your brown cardboard and draw lines with a marker.
- Using a paintbrush, paint ice cream scoops on your thick white paper with the puffy paint you created.
- Take a tiny paintbrush and add details to your ice cream. For example, you could use brown paint to add chocolate chips, or a bunch of rainbow colors to add sprinkles! You can also add a red cherry at the top if you want to.
- Let it dry overnight and it’ll be puffy to touch and have a 3D appearance!
Activity by John Bradley, Floating Teacher
Inspiration & Photo Credit: www.craftymorning.com