We recommend making an animal but there are countless options!
- Tempura Paint
- Paint brushes
- Sharpies (optional)
- Decide which animal you want to make. For example if it is a giraffe you will need enough rocks to make head, body, legs, and a looooooong neck.
- After you collect a bunch of rocks lay them out so that they are in the shape of your animal. Seeing the shape laid out will also help you decide how you want to paint and what details you want to add.
- Keeping your animal in its shape, begin painting the rocks one at a time. This way you won’t lose track of which body part you are on, especially if you are adding details like only 4 spots for the rocks that make up the neck, and 5 on the spots that are part of the body.
- Once the paint dries you can add details using your sharpie or another paint color, like the giraffe’s spots.
- Once they are all painted and dry, mix them up or put them in a bag and see if another member of your family can solve your puzzle!
- There are so many different things you can create with painted rocks, the giraffe puzzle is just one idea, you could make another human, an animal, a bunch of letters to build names or words, and even characters!
Activity by Amanda Cardinal, Upham Site
Photo Credit & Inspiration: www.hellowonderful.co