Here is a great activity to do inside, especially on a rainy day. This allows your kids to use and improve their fine motor skills, and make something that looks cool and is useful! Kids can make them for themselves, as well as siblings, parents or grandparents!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Large rectangular sheet of construction paper (regular sized paper will work too, it will just be a smaller paper bag)
- 2 or more sheets of colored paper
Here’s how to make it:
- Fold large piece of paper in half, the “hamburger way”
- Make cuts, starting at the fold, and going up to about an inch below the other side
- Cut Strips from other colored paper, long enough to be the length of the woven bag
- Start weaving colored sheet through the “bag” sheet; in an over/under pattern
- Secure each strip of paper in place with either tape or staples
- Fold bag, back in half, and seal up the sides with either tape or staples
- Fold the top of the bag down to make a clean top, tape or staple in place
- Use leftover strips of paper to attach handles, and you’re done!!!
Activity by Matt McDonald, Hardy Site Coordinator