Recreate an old photo with a fun new background!
Below is a picture by Rachel’s daughter, Reese. She is riding on a unicorn with her cousin!
- A photo of yourself, someone in your family, or a friend (no photo? use an image from a magazine)
- Markers, colored pencils, or crayons
- Glue Stick
- First, cut out the person or image in your photo that you want to use.
- Observe the position of the person’s body in the photo. Think about a background that would be fun to put the photo image into. Imagine magically jumping into an illustrated page of a book!
- Place your photo aside and draw your picture.
- Glue your photo to the picture.
- Admire your photo in its new background!
- If you wish, place your picture in a frame. Or, you can color a frame around your picture or cut & glue strips of colored paper to create a frame around your picture!
Activity by Rachel Jong, Hardy Site